Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Change is a good thing...

Change is a good thing.
Some people want to change, others could care less, and well, there are a few that should take a long break from society and rethink their choices.

Change comes with life whether you want it or not. My brother passed away three months ago of cancer. A change I was not prepared for. I will never be the same now that he is gone, and I miss him every single day, but I’ve made the decision to better my life.

I am well aware that we will all die and I’m even conscious that we don’t know when, where or how, but I want to do things that make me happy.
I want to be there more for my children, take more time with my husband, write books that will touch people, pray more, and do more to help those in need.

One of the things I really want to do is learn to run. Not a racer, or a sprinter, but an even paced jogger. My goal is to run a Cancer marathon this summer in memory of my brother.
There are other perks to this exercise too. Running will be good for my health, it will help my anxiety, clear my head of all my story ideas, and help me sleep better.

My cousin, Garrett Winkleman Personal Fitness, was kind enough to design a running program for me and I started today. My goal is to be able to run 5k without foaming at the mouth, hallucinating from lack of oxygen, and tripping over myself.

I know what some of you are thinking; ‘Pft 5K no problem’, while others are gasping at the length I’d be running, my age, and the fact that I am not in shape. 

The odds are against me.

So today I began my journey and I learned a few things about myself; My body hates cardio, I know what it’s like to hyperventilate, I used swear words I didn’t know existed and you cannot just stop without a cool down walk, or you will fall flat on your face. Yup, your legs have the consistency of Jell-O after that kind of workout.

When I thought about giving up, and I did, I remembered why I was there.

“If you ain’t first your last.” Right, Bro!

Cheers,
Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment